Friday, August 9, 2013

Quilts On The Tay

I took a field trip today, to Perth, ON, to see Quilts on the Tay, by the Lanark County Quilter's Guild.
This must be the place!
There were lots of lovely quilts, both traditional and modern.
Here are some of my favourites.

A Zentangle. I think I would like to try this.
I loved this applique quilt.
I have this pattern in my saved file.
I couldn't stand back far enough, so I had to take a picture, to see the Blue Jay.

They wanted me to vote for one quilt for Viewer's Choice. I'm sorry, I couldn't pick.

Thanks to the Lanark Guild for a lovely afternoon. The show continues until Sunday, if you want to go.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good show. The Zentangles quilt is what I am working towards. you might find the book Zen-sational Stitches for Quilting by Suzanne McNeill ISBN 978-1-57421-406-2. I recently bought a copy and it does show a tote bag with a hand on it, but no details. there are much better examples of owls, hearts, chickens etc.

    ReplyDelete