Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Great Cleanup Begins

We are having a family celebration in May. It is just a small party to celebrate a couple of significant milestones, but family is coming from East and West to celebrate, and they will all be staying with us.

I seem to remember that there is a foldout couch in my sewing room, but it hasn't been seen in awhile, so I am trying to find it. Of course, other parts of the room need to be tidied as well, so I started on my cutting table.

A recent speaker at my quilt group suggested cutting your scraps into 2 1/2" strips, so they can be used for projects that call for jelly rolls, or to use as scrappy bindings. Today, I started to cut the scraps laying on my sewing table.

They have been ironed, cut, and placed neatly in a box. The box is from Home Depot and cost under $1. I bought a stack of them sometime ago, to corral my scraps.

These are the piles still in need of cutting, however it is possible to see the top of the table now.

I squared this scrap off to use for my next project. I think it is just the right size.

I didn't take pictures of the rest of the room. It is too embarrassing. However, when I find the couch, I promise to post a picture. Then I think I may move the couch to another room and replace it with a place to store fabric, officially!

My own Radiant Orchid bloomed on Sunday. I have had the plant for 3 years and this is only the second time it has bloomed. I think it was inspired by the Pantone 2014 Challenge.
There is still time to vote for your favourite. Click on the link, and scroll down to see all the truly awesome quilts. You vote by clicking on the heart in the corner of your favourite.
I am entered in the mini catagory (just in case you would like to vote for me (shameless plug)).

Since I am working hard at getting the sewing room tidy, I am linking up with WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.



3 comments:

  1. I did a major clean up of my sewing room in February and it has been wonderful to work in a cleaner, more orderly space. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great start!! Have fun cleaning! You never know what you'll find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the re-flowering orchid, and the newly found table top. Studios sure get messed up easily!

    ReplyDelete