My Ravelry Project Page says that I started Glitz at the Ritz on September 29, 2013 and finished it on May 18, 2014.
What it doesn't tell you is that half way through, I made a mistake, had the wrong number of stitches and lacked the patience to figure it out, so I put it aside for many months.
This week, it is finished!
Here is the lace.
And here is a lovely curving end
The shawl weighs 161 grams. I have 17 grams of yarn left from a skein of 115 grams. So I used 98 grams of yarn, and 63 grams of beads. The manufacturer says there is about 12 beads per gram. so the shawl has 756 beads (lets say 760). Although it doesn't show well in the pictures, the shawl shimmers, since the beads are silver lined and the yarn is silk.
Now I just need a dress to wear with it! (stay tuned)
The motivation to get this one finished was that I needed my long cable to knit my next MKAL, Birds of a Feather.
First step: Cast on 691 stitches! I took out the yarn I was planning to use and it shredded after casting on about 20 stitches. I tried again and had the same thing happen. Tossed that ball back into the bin and went to Plan B.
I need a contrast colour to go with it, and I feel like turquoise might be a good choice.