Friday, March 6, 2015

Procrastination

Sometimes, I start a project, then it sits for a long time. When I finally get back to it, I wonder why it took so long.

Among my three things I had planned to finish in February (yes, I got  behind on that, too) was a wall hanging I started two years ago.

I pulled it out, and yesterday, I went looking to see if I had a suitable backing. There tucked into my stash was a piece of fabric, just the right size and colour. It has been in my stash for at least 5 years, so I have no idea why it took until yesterday to figure out it was the backing for this project.

I ironed the backing, laid everything out on the floor in the spare room and in under an hour, I had the whole thing ready for quilting.

It is my Maritime Beauty, a pattern by Karen Neary, made from a kit from Mrs, Pugsley's Emporium.
Both are in Amherst, Nova Scotia, and I discovered them through my son.

Aren't the fabrics lovely?

So, today, a clear but cold one, I am going to start quilting. I can't match Karen's lovely FMQ, so I will see what I can accomplish with my walking foot.


1 comment:

  1. Mariner's points, lovely shades together, and a good day to be inside.

    ReplyDelete