I finished another UFO, using up more of my stash in the process.
Last October, I saw the free pattern for the Trail Tote, and thought it looked like my kind of bag.
I took the pattern and some fabric from my stash to my retreat weekend, last October. I decided that (like Goldilocks) the large was bigger then I wanted, and the small was smaller. So I added 1 1/2" to the length and 2" to the width of the small bag.
Over that weekend, I got quite a bit done, but I had not brought any interfacing, so I got stuck. It fell into the void and turned up recently. I worked on it the last couple of days and now it is finished.
The outer fabric is some home dec remnants that I found at Ikea. They were cut into 8" squares, and a large bag was about $5. It is a very firm twill, I expect will wear like iron. I plan to use them to make a travel tote, but I thought I could spare 8 squares for this project.
I added a zipper to the top, instead of a magnetic snap. I feel more secure with a zipper in the top of my bag.
Emmaline Bags. I have had these in my stash for awhile too. I think they make a great touch to a bag. She has zippers now that already say Handmade on the pull. I may have to get a couple of those, too.
Next up, I am going to make Two-Timing Tote from Sweet Bee Buzzings.
I got some cord at the hardware store to make the piping, and I am currently debating wheather to use a black or a red zipper.
One would think that with all the stash fabrics I have been using, that my sewing room would start to look bare. Unfortunately, using the fabric creates scraps, so now I have more scraps to deal with. I am going to need some scrappy projects, next.