Sunday, June 21, 2015

For the Kittens

Regular readers of the blog know that I foster cats for the local animal shelter. Pictures of them have appeared, periodically. Since 2005, we have fostered 144 cats and kittens, though never more than 6 at a time. I think I may be bordering on Crazy Cat Lady, even though I have never owned a cat.

Recently, my friend, cheryl, over in the Kingdom of Coco,  has been involved in raising money for the Lyndhurst Feral Cat Project. Feral cats often live very short, hard lives, compared to house cats.

Many of my kittens were found under porches and decks, and probably had feral mothers. With proper socialization they can become lovely family pets.


Here are just 15 of my babies that have gone on to forever homes, and much healthy lives then if they had stayed in the wild.

Cheryl's group is having a sale on July 1, Canada Day. There are details on her site.  I had a bunch of half completed samples from my bag course, two weeks ago, so I finished them to send to Cheryl's sale.








From UFO's to sources of funds, to help cats, seems like a win/ win to me!

And because Cheryl is such a sweetheart, herself, I made a bag for her, with some cat fabric.



It is a different pattern for me, but I think it turned out pretty well.
It is quite roomy and also uses 2 fat quarters. You can find the tutorial over at Sweet Bee Buzzings.
Bethany is starting a tote/diaper bag sew along, this week. You can find the information here.

I think this brings my stash busting count to 25 fat quarters. It would be even more impressive, if it had actually made a dent in my stash!

I managed to catch a picture of Mowgli being cute. Seems an appropriate way to end this.





4 comments:

  1. 144 kitties is very impressive, and I'm sure Mowgli will add to that number......he's a very handsome boy! I'm sure, too, that your pretty bags will sell well and help the cat project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sweetheart, too, Kate!! Love the bags. We are very grateful. And Mowgli's a real cutie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bags. They are adorable.it is always nice to donate to a cause that is dear to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that iron ring, Kate. And, your bags are gorgeous. Your generosity is inspiring; I'm sure Cheryl most love your help.

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete