Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Packing

What could be better then a day spent quilting with friends who have the same addiction? Well, that is easy, TWO days!

I go with a bunch of friends, this weekend, for a quilt retreat. All our meals are provided and we get housekeeping services, so we can spend 2 blissful days, sewing, stitching, telling stories and admiring the finishes.

I got smart this time, and I am preparing my projects ahead, instead of throwing a bunch of fabric in a suitcase and hoping for the best.

I have cut and interfaced all the pieces for a Gerbera Wristlet. This is a free pattern from Blue Calla Patterns. Although the pattern is free, it is an astonishing 29 pages long! I think this is a great way to try a designer I have never tried before, to see if I like the instructions. There is nothing worse then spending $10 or more on a pattern that is poorly written.  I am liking this pattern, so far.

The pattern called for 2 pieces of fabric, a half metre each. I have used 2 fat quarters and some scraps. These pieces already have their inferfacing fused to the back. I discovered that fusing interfacing with an iron I don't know can lead to less then the desired result. Since interfacing seems to grow when it is fused, I have been trimming all the pieces first, so my waste basket overflows.

I think I need to do something about that.

Next to be prepped will be the Two-Timing Tote.  This was a sew along in the summer, which I gathered the supplies for, from my stash, but I didn't get started.

And, for my spare time, I have packed the supplies to make 6 pillowcases.

In case you were wondering, the kittens have been named.



From left to right, we have Angus, Fergus, and Hamish. Here they are with their new best friend.


It kind of spoils his tough guy image!



3 comments:

  1. I love going on retreats - a focus for doing what we love and an escape from everyday problems and chores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A retreat, what total bliss.And the wee boys, very Scottish names, and with ginger hair, so apt.They look so at home,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew he wasn't a tough guy. You always have so much going on. Have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete