Thursday, March 17, 2016

Another Tea Wallet

When I made a bunch of tea wallets and card wallets, for a bazaar at the church, I got an order from a friend, who asked at the last minute. I told her it would have to wait a couple of weeks, and she was okay with that. Since it has now been 6 weeks, I figured I really needed to get this one done.

She asked for a black wallet, but people who know me, know that I can't possibly do plain black. So I took a few liberties.

The outside is black with tone on tone butterflies. I thought the grey cat button worked.

I found a scrap of batik, which was primarily black, to do the lining and one pocket.

She works downtown and figures it is the perfect thing for her bus pass and debit card, when she runs out at lunch. I gave it to her last night and she thought it was perfect.

Meanwhile, my Fracture mystery shawl is progressing. I have finished Clue 3 and I think the picture may be one row into Clue 4. The shawl is getting too wide to get the whole thing in the picture.

Hearts are starting to appear in the lace. I am not completely happy with the yarn. I think a tonal would have been better than a variegated color, however, if I really love the finished shawl, I will make another in a solid.

As if I ever make the same shawl twice!






5 comments:

  1. Ha! I can never make anything in plain black either. When someone asks for a bag lined in black solid I almost want to cry--I hate doing it and I feel like I'm looking into an abyss when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shawl! Where did you get that kitty cat button? Tea time is the best, especially when you have a friend to share with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the prettiest tea wallet you've made yet!! I really like the button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely shawl!

    As for the wallet, I agree: I don't do 'plain black' either; always have to add a pop of colour. That batik was just the perfect complement for that piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great button for the tea wallet. I really must make some more. They are always well received when I give them away.

    Pretty shawl. i did take two shawls on vacation and used them in the hotel room. it ended up being quite warm outside even in the evening. I do need a few more so I have a great selection of colours and materials to suit a wide variety of events .
    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete