Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Where does The Time go?

I can't seem to get any quality time with my sewing machine. I am not sure where the time goes. However, this might have something to do with it.

Meet Baxter. He came to stay with us last Thursday.

He is a sweet, cuddly guy of 4 years.

He is a bit big for a lap cat, but don't tell him.

He came to the shelter, seriously injured. He underwent 6 weeks of cage rest and when that wasn't enough to get him healed, he had major surgery.

He is with me to recover from hip surgery. I get to try to make a cat do his prescribed exercises. It isn't easy. However, he is improving. He got his stitches out yesterday.

Meanwhile, there is yard work. Doug is a big help.

Well, not really, but he is cute.

I did manage to challenge my friend, Cheryl, to a knit along. We are working on a shawl called Alberta, and today was cast on day.


Not a lot of progress, yet. The shawl calls for over 700 beads, so I found these in my stash.

I think they should brighten up that grey yarn. I have another tube of the purple beads in the middle but their current whereabouts is unknown. Don't you hate it when that happens?



4 comments:

  1. Baxter, you are a handsome feller - no doubt about that! Keep doing those exercises for Kate, and you will be better in no time. Doug, you are a cute little guy for sure and I bet you are a big help when you have to be. That is going to be a beautiful shawl, I looked up the pattern......it's like a cobweb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baxter looks so soft!! And Doug looks like he's ready to get into mischief. Your shawl looks pretty much like mine right now. I hope you won't leave me in the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Baxter is gorgeous. I hope he make a full recovery soon.
    Doug is indeed a cutie! He's welcome to come here and help me with my yardwork anytime he wants. ;)

    Internal conflict:
    I do not need another shawl.
    But it's so pretty!!!
    I do not need another shawl.
    But I don't have one with beads.
    I do not need....
    Excuse me while I go check out the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine knitting with cats in the house. My sister has two, and while they hide under her bed, they never seem to grab at her wool.

    ReplyDelete