Thursday, December 1, 2016

Advent

In the church year, the new liturgical year starts four Sundays before Christmas, and is called the season of Advent. It is a time of waiting, a time of contemplation, a time of getting ready for Christmas.  When my kids were little, we always lit the advent candles on Sunday night as a way of putting Christmas into real time. They had a visual way of knowing how far away Christmas was, which seemed to help downplay a lot of the hype.

This year, Advent started last Sunday. I was delighted to find a knit along that was an actual Advent knit along, and started on Sunday, not just 24 days in December.


It is mosaic knitting, and 30 rows are released every day. The picture shows the pattern up to the first 6 rows of Nov. 30. Not bad, I am only a day and a half behind! I am using stash yarn, a couple of balls of Chroma in black and Roller Skate. I think it looks pretty good so far.

I also received an Advent gift, yesterday.


Twenty-four pots of interesting teas, I don't think I will have to try very hard to keep up. However, I was more excited about the box.


Twenty-four little drawers, that I can store little things in.


And in each drawer, a tiny tin, with a screw lid, to store even smaller things in.

Now, what will I store in this?

4 comments:

  1. Drinking tea everyday, it is the way to go. As for those tins, treasures will find their way into them, before you know it. What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting knitting design......do you know what the finished article will be? A shawl, perhaps, or a warm scarf? I love your tea treasure box, even though I don't drink tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure box. Pins, buttons, sayings printed onto tiny slips of paper? maybe a tiny photo? Love the knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEADS!!! You can put beads in them. I love that box. What a great gift to have received. I like your advent knit-along project, too.

    ReplyDelete