Thursday, September 20, 2018

My Eastern Adventure

Earlier this month, I headed off to New Brunswick to visit my elder son. I had a couple of things that I wanted to do while I was there, this time.


The sky as I boarded the plane had a promise of nice weather.

The first item on my agenda was to eat a lobster roll on the beach.


The lobster roll was so large I didn't eat another thing that day, and I didn't finish my fries. However, it was really good.


This is the beach at Aboiteau,


The picture doesn't show it, but in the distance you can see Prince Edward Island.


It was a gorgeous day, and I enjoyed my ocean visit.

The other thing I wanted to see was the monument to the RCMP officers killed in the line of duty in 2014.


They will now stand on guard forever.

The bases of the statues tell you a bit about the officers.


Around the base are maple leaves with signatures of all the other first responders who were involved in keeping Moncton safe, that awful day.


It is a very moving monument.

Much of the rest of my time was spent visiting, and enjoying family time with my far away kid and his fur babies.



5 comments:

  1. Such a moving memorial.....I remember hearing about that dreadful incident, my heart goes out to all involved. That is a huuuuge meal, for sure! Your furry grandkid is very very beautiful, would he/she like to visit me? I like ginger cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembrance, and honour. And a furry friend. Enjoy, A ginger is the very best, in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lobster roll looks amazing! What a beautiful memorial to those officers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good photos! Thanks for taking us along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lobster roll looks really good. I don't think I've eaten one before. But now I really want to eat one.

    ReplyDelete