Sunday, January 31, 2016

Drop Everything and Give Me Twenty Pledge

For the past 3 years, I have taken part in Beth Helfter's blog challenge, to sew or do something sewing related, for at least 20 minutes, every day in February.

This year, her challenge has moved to Facebook. I have nothing against Facebook (well, I have lots of things against it, but I won't go into that here), but I don't DO Facebook.

So, I am going alone this year. I won't be entered to win any prizes, but I don't really care.

So, my pledge:

I, Kate, an easily distracted sewist and quilter (squirrel),  pledge to quilt or sew for at least 20 minutes  every day of the month of February, 2016. In doing so, I hope to get something (really anything ) DONE, reducing the amount that my family will have to dispose of later. I will also endeavor,  as far as possible, to use the supplies I already have on hand, to complete my projects.  In this way, I hope to further reduce my materials at hand.

Last year I manged to complete this clutch, which has gotten lots of compliments since. I figure that is an excellent prize.

So, does anybody want to join me, and get a couple of long running works in progress finished?

Hard at Work


6 comments:

  1. I do facebook in a small way, but I'll do my best to join you in your challenge here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger gorgeousness!!! In triplicate, and your own challenge, a great idea. My stash has gone down hugely, and I have even had to resort to a shop to get some batiks lately!!!Our cats were the same today at 30Celsius, too hot to do anything more than lie in the shade under a shrub.Maybe I should have joined them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've somehow gotten away from sewing as much as I used to, so something like this might be just the thing. I mean...I should be able to do pretty much anything for only twenty minutes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, you're a scream! (Squirrel!) You forgot 'knitter'....an easily distracted knitter! If I can drop and give you 20 on a knitting project, I'm in. I have a white shawl that is 52% finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kate

    I don't do fb either! This year, is the year of doing. Everyday twenty five minutes is used to work on a project. I will gladly take the challenge and post my progress for February. Will you post a link on your blog, then we can link up? Otherwise we can mention the challenge on ours linked to give me twenty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I have done something so far this month for 20 minutes each day, I will join. FB is too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete