Friday, April 14, 2017
Two things caused me to start some spring cleaning.
At the end of the month, I am going on my spring quilt retreat. I have started thinking about the projects I might like to work on, and the things I need to take.
I splurged $1.99 the other day and bought a tablet stand to put beside my machine, both at retreat and at home. I try to put my pdf bag patterns on my tablet, to save paper. I looked around my sewing room today and there was no room for my tablet stand.
I have a confession to make. I don't always tidy up one project, before I start the next. This problem as grown, so it is getting increasingly difficult to find space. So I am going to see what I can do.
Today, I attacked the serger table. Since it is at right angles to my sewing machine, it is the perfect place to put my tablet stand. After 2, 45 minute sessions (no sense in exhausting myself), I ended up with this.
The serger table, at the end next to the sewing machine, now has room for the tablet stand. It is the bright blue thing. I also found my needle book, that I was sure I had, but had no idea where it was. It is the item with the lovely purple embroidery at the lower left. It is headed for my quilting bag, for hand sewing. I also found a mug mat (under the needle book) that says "Put the chocolate in the bag, and nobody gets hurt."
At other end, I found a notebook I didn't even know was missing.
And for good measure, the ironing board is completely clear, as well.
It probably still looks untidy to some, but for me, it is a huge improvement.
I found some lovely fabric, including the ambulance fabric that I have been looking for. Also, look at that gorgeous Tula Pink, just crying out to become a bag!
I collected fabric scraps to small to use, and put them in a bag for a friend who teaches Kindergarten.
I know she will be happy to receive them for spring art projects.
Meanwhile, I decided to make some Easter Eggs for my grandson.
I am going to sew the pieces together, and stuff them with fiberfill and a cat ball, so they jingle. I find that if you just put a bell inside, the fiberfill damps out the bell.
I checked my bobbin as I started to sew.
I have no idea how I managed to finish my last project without running out of bobbin thread. I think I had about a foot left on the bobbin.