We have had the rainiest May on record, according to the keepers of such statistics. On the upside, more time to sew, since we are stuck in the house.
My challenge piece for my quilt group was finished, on time. I was impressed with the creativity of the ladies that finished their challenge pieces. The seersucker was turned into a stuffed animal, flying fish, and desert scene, butterflies, and a playing card holder.
Here is mine.
I have a reputation to uphold in this group, so mine is a clutch bag. There are, of course, cats hiding in the flowers.
The back is just the "grass".
Cats on the lining, because...cats!
The pattern is Clematis from Blue Calla, a free pattern on her web site. The piecing and flowers are my own inspiration, based on my love of Laurel Burch fabric.
Meanwhile, in the rain, I have made progress on the "Going to Nana's" bag, that I am making for my grandson. I started it at my retreat, but it hasn't been finished yet. Yesterday, I managed to make most of the lining.
The bag has a total of 10 pockets, these are the six inside pockets, and the zipper.
I am already planning my next bag (yes, I am a bit obsessed). It has a front panel that allows for a focus fabric, so I have been auditioning some choices in my stash.
Tough choice, I think.