Friday, June 30, 2017

It Has Been Awhile

When my boys were younger, I made them shorts every summer, from fun, funky cottons. They were quick and easy, used a small amount of fabric, and gave them clothes that were unique. The cottons that home sewists can buy are heavier than what is used in retail goods, so the shorts wore like iron.

Last fall, I got a chance to meet Grace Noel, a very talented young designer from Almonte, ON. She designed a collection of fabrics for Trend-Tex Fabrics, called "With Glowing Hearts". 

I had a hard time finding a picture of the entire collection, because it is sold out nearly everywhere.
I did manage to get a piece of the maple leaf fabric, so my baby boy has boarder shorts for his first Canada Day.


Aren't they a-dork-able? He has a onesie, that says "My First Canada Day" and these are perfect to go with them. They have pockets and a fly because, of course, seven-month-olds should have these in their shorts. Never know what he might want to put in his pocket!

They will fit him all summer.

I made another pair, but they aren't quite finished. Next time!

7 comments:

  1. All finished in time for Canada Day. Adorable, absolutely , and made to be worn, very manly indeed. Pockets, a necessity, but at 7 months, a fly??? Maybe, hopefully, they will fit him for a good while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Enjoy your celebrations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the best shorts, love the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-dork-able and adorable, indeed. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are great. I used to make shorts for my kids as well with good durable fabrics.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete