Monday, June 5, 2017

Two Timing Tote Times Three

I seem to be obsessed with making Two Timing Totes.

I made one last year in red.

Then, I made one in green.

So, yesterday, I finished another. This one is in an assortment of colours.


I am calling it the "Going to Nana's Bag", and it has lots of room for a little boy to bring his stuff when he comes to visit.

Pockets, on the front, back, and sides.


The side pockets are elasticized.


Six pockets on the inside make for a grand total of ten pockets.


A zipper closes the top to keep everything secure.

This is the first one I made in home dec fabric. I had a couple of problems with the thickness.


I ripped out the top stitching to get rid of this pucker in the lining, and it puckered again. I decided that it just wanted to stay that way, so I gave up.

The bag is big enough to hold the actual baby, so I think it should get a lot of use.

Meanwhile, my owl shawl now has heads on the owls, with cute blue eyes.


They are looking a bit cross eyed at the moment. I am hoping blocking will fix that.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, your bag came out adorable!! I do the same thing. I think "Well if it WANTS to pleat who am I to argue?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great bag! Just right for going to Nana's. Sometimes those pleats have such a strong mind of their own that you are wasting your time trying to argue with them. And I missed your last post, we moved out for a couple of days while the new floor was being laid......a really fun cat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag looks lovely. It will be exciting to see the shawl blocked, then the owls will come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are speedy Gonzales! Just the other day it was still cut out pieces and now it is a bag. The shawl is beautiful! Is that sparkly beads I spy in there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag! Plenty of room for "snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails". :)

    That shawl is looking awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate,
    Love your bag! Any little boy would be so happy to stuff this bag with lots of goodies to go to gradma's house. The shawl is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete