Thursday, January 24, 2013

Twenty Minutes a Day


Pam at Mad About Patchwork told wrote about a great contest/ inspiration over at Quilting Hottie Haven.  I have a LOT of projects I want to start or finish, so here goes.

I, Kate, a quilter who is drowning in UFOs,  am joining Quilting Hottie Haven's second annual DaGMT event, and pledge to quilt for 30 minutes every day of the month of February, 2013. In doing so I hope to  reclaim my sanity and I think Beth Helfter is brilliant for coming up with this concept and inspiring me to join.
A slightly blurry version of some of my UFOs


Now, I need to get my sewing room in order, so I can start on Feb. 1!


 

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm also doing the DaGMT challenge, and I definitely know what you mean about tidying up. My quiltspace had gone from being a functional disaster to a non-functional disaster, so I spent some time Wed. getting it back into some kind of usable shape.

    Looking forward to Feb. and seeing what we all can get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting projects closer to DONE is always a good thing! I have been working on using up or giving away, stash fabrics older than 5 years... I must say I can fit all that is left on only two shelves in my closet! Ive been working on it for a couple of years so won't be taking part in the challenge but will watch how you progress! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am doing the DaGMT challenge. Can't wait to see what we all are able to get accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I am also joining the DaGMT challenge! It will be fun to see what all we can accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you decided which ufo you are starting with? i didn't know about this challenge, but I am also working on ufo's for the time being. I have a bird quilt that really must get finished. I am completing it for a friend who is in ill health. I told her the top will be done by the end of February, so I have my work cut out for me. Have to get it done so it's ready for the machine quilter.

    ReplyDelete