Monday, December 24, 2018

Twas the Day Before Christmas

My grandson and his parents came over, last week, to decorate my tree. When a two year old is in charge, this is what you get.


I think Grandad and I might finish it today.

I got my gifts for far away family in the mail on Friday, and surprise, they will be delivered today, if all goes well.

Some serious knitting was required.


First pair of socks.


Second pair of socks.

As you can probably tell from the pictures, the weather has been dull lately, so it is hard to get good pictures. The chairs in the backyard are covered in snow. Add to this the problem that we only have 7 3/4 hours of daylight, just now, and the pictures come out not very true to colour.

After the power knitting, I decided to make a pair of fingerless mitts in a soft alpaca and silk yarn.

 Just a little knitting by the fire.

I hope you have a lovely celebration, whatever you might celebrate. I have to go and bake a few more cookies, because we don't have enough yet!


4 comments:

  1. Can never have too many cookies......enjoy one for me! Have a wonderful Christmas Day, your little grandson will make sure you all do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those socks, and your mitts are truly so delicate and beautiful.Have a wonderful Christmas.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas. I've never decorated a Christmas tree before. I think I'll probably do as well as a 2 year old. It's super hot in Singapore. I'm knitting despite feeling slightly itchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Kate! Love the bright colours of your socks. I'm sure they'll warm the feet of the recipients!

    ReplyDelete