Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Holly Jolly Stockings

 Our Hibiscus spends the cold weather in the dining room and the warm weather either in the sun room, or out on the patio. It has moved back to the dining room, and continues to bloom. 


I think it has now been flowering for 10 months without a break. I smile every time I see it with a new bloom.

Meanwhile, my Christmas cactus decided to flower for Christmas, this year (it can be widely variable.)


I was asked to make two Christmas stockings. The request was for fun fabric, not Christmas. So I opened up the Laurel Burch vault and found two half yard pieces that seemed to fit the description.



Similar but enough different that they can be told apart. I made the labels inside into pockets for small items that might get lost in a big stocking. The pattern is "Holly Jolly Stocking" by Lindsay Connor. It was free a few years ago but is now available as a paid pattern.

My Laurel Burch stash is nearly gone. It is good it is being used up, but a little sad that there won't be new designs down the road.

I finished knitting my Joy cowl. 



Needs a bit of blocking to smooth out the stitches, I think.



5 comments:

  1. Your cowl is so beautiful, the pattern is like tall Church windows, but I;'m sure there is a correct name for it. The stocking fabrics, gorgeous, and not Christmassy at all, they could be admired all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on Laurel Burch fabrics......have some in my stash too, and will be sorry when they are used up. They make fun stockings, for sure! Your flowers are very cheery, and the cowl is lovely - such a pretty stitch design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cowl and lovely to have your hibiscus still flowering. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a lot if finish pieces, love all the projects. Hibiscus flowering still?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stockings! I too have a tiny collection of Laurel Burch fabric -- its fate remains undecided. And the cowl is gorgeous -- I agree with Nancy J. that it looks like church windows.

    ReplyDelete