Saturday, October 28, 2023

Halloween

My partner-in-all-things has been away for a few days, leaving me to herd pets and look after things. So, I didn't manage to get into my sewing room, since the pets get too anxious if I disappear, and they aren't to be trusted if I let them in. Instead, I got a lot of knitting finished.




The spider mitts are finished, just as the weather gets cold, and they will be needed. The spider is knit using slip stitches, so I was only using one colour of yarn at a time.  I made the mistake of showing the pattern to my little guy and he decided I should knit them. So, the socks went on hold.

Last night, I made some cookies to help celebrate with my favourite little guy. He is coming for a sleepover, later.



They look especially gruesome because the gel icing had split and I kept getting liquid icing instead of gel. The recipe is from a Canadian Living cookbook from when my kids were young, however the recipe is still available. 
Linking to Sandra's DrEAMi linkup. Spiders can be squirrels, too.















5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I could actually eat one of those, but the mitts are great.All set for those cold mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mitts look warm and cosy. The runny icing makes those fingers look even more gruesome....I don't think I could eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitts do look great - the fingers very gruesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spider mitts are so cute! Like your other commenters, I'm not so sure about the finger cookies, but I used to teach 5th grade and I know those kids would have loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes... the gloves are just great. I like it a lot.
    These finger cookies are so scary... I'll get the gloves :-)))
    A big hug for you. Enjoy this week.

    ReplyDelete