Monday, October 21, 2024

Aurora Watching

For a few days, around October 10, the Aurora Borealis created a glorious light show that was seen in most of North America (and Europe). 

I live on the edge of a major Canadian city, where light pollution makes it so the sky isn't really ever dark, but this is what we saw.


 I want a nail polish in that colour!

My son, in Northern Alberta, sent his sky at the same time.


Much further north and away from any big cities.

So, I got some fabric that help my granddogs remember the lights.


I am making them bandanas.

I am also making them Halloween bandanas.


This is called Little Tricksters.

Fall is here, but last week, I got one last treat of late raspberries at the farm stand. 


My last summer breakfast until spring, raspberries, granola and Greek yogourt.

It was a chilly morning, so I added a DIY Cafe Mocha.


I just add milk free hot cocoa powder to brewed coffee and add some "squirty" cream.

The trees are at their best. winter will be here soon. It is already snowing in the north.


So I started a winter cowl in the same colours. This is a really mindful project, requiring a lot of concentration.


I am actually further along than this, but it will be and interesting knit. The yarn is called "French River- PEI" from Ancient Arts Yarn. The pattern is called Shocktopus and is by Kim O'Brien Evans.

I am continuing to sort through my craft supplies. I have a bag for the garbage, today, as well as 4 bags of donations to groups and friends. I saw somebody refer it it as Swedish "I Will Have To Move, Someday" Cleaning, and I think that is a great description.

2 comments:

  1. It's certainly better than "Swedish death cleaning", which I have heard! Love those fall colours, and that wonderful northern lights fabric for the dogs. The Aurora Australis has been showing again Down Under, some folk hereabouts saw it but we didn't - our view was blocked by hills and trees. It's not usually seen this far north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I relate to those words more and more often, so started yesterday, as older daughter took home some "stuff" younger daughter will have what she can fit in the suitcase as she is flying south.Snow, Josh in Vancouver has fitted winter tyres, says you cannot drive to the ski fields without them. Down here, glorious warm days, garden has loads of beautiful mix in the bare patches, lawn mowed, this week get the house washed outside and maybe put all the last firewood in the shed, not handy on the verandah. Your cowl will be so cosy, I wear my merino fabric neck warmers such a lot.

    ReplyDelete