I read many years ago, that anthropologists think that older women have long had a place in our world as the providers of childcare for their grandchildren. These days, it seems to be the way. Three to five days a week, we are running Camp Nana and Grandad, It seriously cuts into my sewing time.
Last Friday, we went on an adventure to a Day Lily Festival at a local nursery. I'm all for free adventures.
Here is Daisy, enjoying the new sights and sounds. It's a big field. She is the little dark blob at the end of the leash.
The lilies were lovely, although a bit heat stressed.
They also had outdoor art for sale. This was my favourite. A bit more than our yard needs, so I'll stick to giant pinwheels from Canadian Tire.
We stopped for a little picnic on the way home. at the Metcalfe Geoheritage Park, in Mississippi Mills. We got to learn about the rocks that form out landscape.
Interesting limestone examples, with lots of fossils.
Grandparenting has left lots of time for knitting.
I knit one sock last week, and got an immediate start on the second. These are a late birthday present for one of the Alberta crowd,
On my day off, I did manage to get my sewing space tidied, and ready for the next project. I have two projects kitted, missing bits ordered, and I hope to get a bit of sewing done this weekend.
Kate







No comments:
Post a Comment