I think the high today was 16C. As the equinox approaches, it is starting to feel like fall. The winter blankets are washed, but need to be put on the bed.
I finished another pair of mittens.
I played yarn chicken with these and got two pairs out of one ball of yarn. I have another pair started and in my "emergency knitting" bag.
My friend Maggie (The Cheerful Chickadee) asked if I would make some socks for her house. Her projects from now until the snow flies don't include room for one more project, so I figured why not. I still have time to finish my Christmas knitting.
The first one is nearly done. I had to get out Kate Atherley's excellent book on knitting socks. This pair is a different size from what I use for my dear ones. I see there is a similar sock on the cover of the book.
I managed to get in some sewing this week. I made a purse, a Clematis Clutch in cork.
I bought a kit of materials from MM Cork, and had no problem getting it together. The cork is black with silver foil accents.
The lining in the kit was a dark green floral print. I found this in my stash that I like better. It has a single slip pocket on the inside. I figure it will hold a phone, a packet of tissues, a bit of makeup for touch ups, and a card or two. It was a quick, fun sew.
I got these labels, recently, and I thought they suited.
The bag is for a dear one in the bridal party of a friend of hers. I remembered I had something that the bride might like to borrow.
It is an Australian sixpence, for the bride's shoe. I had a "pen friend" in Australia when I was a young teen. She sent this to me, and I sent her a Canadian dime from 1967, with a fish on the back. Appropriate because in Canada, if you didn't have a sixpence, a dime would do. This sixpence is from 1951, and has been in a lot of shoes.
I am hoping that I am back into the swing of daily sewing. Sunday is cleanup day, before starting a new project. Haven't quite decided what is next, but starting with a tidy space is always a good idea.






No comments:
Post a Comment