Monday, September 9, 2019

Flora

Flora is the first bag of the fall collection of patterns from the Bag of the Month Club.  The pattern is by Janelle MacKay of Emmaline Bags and is exclusive to club members until December.

Since my favourite colour is purple, of course, my camera will not render purple properly. This is my best effort.


On my monitor this is the closest to the actual colour of the fabric.


It is a simple bag. There are only six pattern pieces.


Of course, I added a zipper pocket. (This fabric is actually bright purple.)


And a credit card pocket (or two). More purple!

The bag has a recessed zipper.


The bag has these wonderful pleats.


Although the pictures don't do it justice, the hardware is rainbow iridescence.

I think this is the first time I managed to finish the Bag of the Month Pattern in the month it was released.

In case you were wondering, I think one of my dear ones is planning to claim this one.


7 comments:

  1. That's rather gorgeous fabric, isn't it......makes a great bag! I have never seen rainbow iridescence hardware before, sounds very flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric and what a great bag. The pleats are brilliant and I love your little additions. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered if people actually use the credit card pockets in bags/clutches? I personally won't use them but that's just me because I have a wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The pleats are so elegant, and you matched them (at the bottom) so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag looks amazing, especially the pleats at the bottom of the bag. Attention to all the little details is what makes a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Can I be that dear one please?!! It's beautiful. I will have to look up the pattern; thanks for the link. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate,
    Just discovered you via Sandra’s DrEAMi party! My fav colour is purple too!
    Such a shame the purple doesn’t show up!
    Lovely bag!
    I’m a cat lover, and maker of bags too!
    Nice to meet you. I’m now your newest follower! Tee hee! 😊
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete