I seem to keep getting lost, but I have been working on things.
I started a new shawl that I plan to finish this week. I finished one sock and promptly cast on the second so the first wouldn't be lonely.
And I made a tote bag.
It was a commission for a friend, who wanted a gift for a lady who runs an alpaca farm.
The applique is the logo for the farm. I traced the pieces onto paperback fusible web. I carefully labelled them as to the colour of the piece. I now have an extra set of animals. It seems that I don't bother to read what I write on the pieces so I have a black llama and a white alpaca sitting on my sewing table, with the opposite label on them.
I used my standard tote bag pattern. It has a zippered top.
Two big interior pockets.
I also did a faux binding on the top to add a finished look to the bag.
I actually remembered to add my label.
After I quit looking at the flaws, I think it came out very well. My client was quite thrilled because it came out much better than she had pictured.
I feel a couple of "squirrel" type projects calling to me, and I think I may indulge myself.