Sunday, April 11, 2021

Suddenly It's Spring

 The weather has been unseasonably warm.  So, my flowers have come on with a rush.


My incredible forsythia bush is covered in flowers. It has survived ice storms, frigid cold, and having the city dig it up, when the watermain broke. It just keeps blooming, year after year.


Gorgeous, isn't it?

The crocus have all come at once. I had some yellow and some lavender ones, but they have disappeared and I have only purple, this year.


There are tulips, waiting in the wings.


Daffodils that will show their sunny faces, shortly.


In the shadier spots, I have scilla.




There is bloodroot.



As well as hepatica.



It is such a pleasure to see it all again.

My friend, Lois, spent her winter making a couple of quilts to donate to charity. I offered to put the bindings one. This is the first one.



It is all hand quilted, because that is what Lois does. It is great that I can help with the binding.  I'll also put a label on it.


2 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers in your garden. And the best part is that you can enjoy them without any bugs right now. Pretty quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have colour in your garden! We are still waiting for that part. The quilt looks good. It is contagious making binding and getting it on the quilts.

    ReplyDelete