Sunday, November 26, 2023

Still Knitting

 I seem to have abandoned my sewing lately. I have been busy trying to get my Christmas knitting done. Since some has to go in the mail, I have only a couple of weeks left.

The church is collecting baby things for a local Family Centre that serves families new to Canada. So yesterday, I made a little hat.


I think it is toddler sized and in a worsted weight machine washable yarn, I expect it will keep some little person warm.

I continue to work on socks but I don't have any other finishes.

The weather has turned wintery cold. So, all the plants we hope to save for next summer are now moved into the dining room/ conservatory.

The new pink hibiscus rewarded us with some bright flowers.


The Christmas cactus says it will be ready soon.


I don't remember how long we have had this but it gives us lots of flowers, as long as we remember to water it.

Okay, I need to get back to my knitting!


5 comments:

  1. Cheery flowers for the wintery cold time of year, and of course a matching hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wee hat, perfect for a new family little one arriving in Canada, and flowers, I find so many of you up north bring in tender plants to winter over.Our winters are not as severe, and in the past few years have lost just one shrub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knitted a nice hat... for me it's just the opposite - I've stopped knitting for now and am sewing for it :-)))
    The main thing is to craft :-)))
    hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been with you on the knitting train -- finished the 2nd of two cowls yesterday, and the two hats on my Xmas list are done. Now on to socks -- a gift, but not necessarily for Xmas. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hat and how clever to make useful things.One of my goals for the new year is to learn to knit socks. Wish me luck I will need it!

    ReplyDelete