But no Wensleydale. (Sorry, if you aren't a fan of Wallace and Grommit)
We took Daisy on a road trip to a lovely nearby town. We are working on her car riding and being in strange places skills. We like to take our dog with us on outings.
We went to the Rideau Canal Lock Station at Merrickville.
We watched the boats lock through. The water is being lowered in the lock they are looking in.
Daisy walked across a lock gate.
We had lunch on a dog friendly patio.
She had some chicken Caesar wrap, too.
The weather was lovely, we met some dog friendly people and dogs. and got our "lock nerds" fix.
I spent a lot of the week tidying. I was on hold for way too long the other day, and got the top of my desk cleaned off.
I got a bin from last summer finally emptied, except for one item.
I finished the first lace section of my shawl.
One final picture from Merrickville, a reminder of the history of our relations with our neighbours.
This is the 200 year old Block House, guarding the route to Ottawa from the south. So far, it hasn't been needed.






Now that brings back memories, we have been to the same lock and walked around Merrickville . It is a beautiful place and Daisy would have so much fun exploring with both of you. Getting back to clearing out is very rewarding. Love the shawl!
ReplyDeleteLocks are so fascinating. Lovely lacy shawl start.
ReplyDeleteHello Kate, what a beautiful start on the shawl! And I enjoyed your photos, so lovely to see the animals, too! Thank you so much for sharing! And I really appreciate the comment you left on my blog on where to go in reference to Blogger issues...I knew Google owned Blogger, I just didn't know how to alert them of any issues. I really appreciate your help!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a lovely weekend!
The pattern of your scarf is wonderful... I wish you continued enjoyment with your knitting and also with training Daisy.
ReplyDelete