Just before I went to Syracuse, a couple of friends asked me if I would show them how to make the Brick Bag with a PUL lining.
I have a love/ hate relationship with the PUL fabric, because it doesn't behave in the sewing machine, however, we got together and gave it a try. I got my bag 3/4 of the way finished while showing them how it was done, and brought it home to finish. It has been sitting waiting ever since. Today, I decided to get it done.
I was told that putting "magic" tape on the bottom of the foot would help the PUL fabric feed and it did improve things a bit, however, I think I need to work on this to get a result I really like. The lining on this bag is tidier then the last, but it could be better. I think it might be easier if I used heavy interfacing instead of the fusible fleece to back the outer fabric.
I used one of my long hoarded Laurel Burch fat quarters for the outer fabric.
The fearless five of my last kindle have gone back to the shelter. They will soon be livening new homes, making their new owners smile.
Meanwhile, I have a singleton. Meet Bentley, # 150 of the foster cats at our house.