A week later, they wanted 10, then 12, then 15....and of course, with a budget of next to nothing.
We quit believing the numbers, and bought fabric for 22 stoles. We found a lovely, light weight suiting for only $5/m, so we took all that Fabricland had, then bought more at a second Fabricland.
With the weather in June turning very warm, very quickly, we joined together and turned the church into a "sweatshop" (most of the sweat was because of the heat).
We had stations for cutting fabric and interfacing, serging the cut edges, fusing the interfacing, kitting the stoles, basting the embroidery patches, and sewing the final seams. As well, the cutting ladies moved to turning around the finished stoles, later in the day.
We didn't manage to get all the stoles finished that day, but we had enough done that they could be completed easily at home. Last week we sewed labels into 21 stoles.
Here are the stoles being worn at General Council 41.
It's no wonder I can't get my own work done.
I have finished most of the quilting on my wall hanging. I think it needs a little more quilting in the corners, but I have to decide what I want to quilt there. I have found the rest of the fabric, that I was saving for the binding. The wall hanging should be done this week.