I finished my Labyrinth Wall Hanging. The pattern was from Designs to Share With You.
I loved the pattern when I saw it, but it took me quite a while to get it finished. I know I took it on retreat with me at least twice so I spent over a year, just doing the reverse applique.
I remember basting it last summer, but it just sat, making me feel guilty for another year. In the end, it took under 2 weeks to finish.
I have walked a Labyrinth at a monastery in Arnprior, and I wanted my wall hanging to look like that, so I used a couple of landscape fabrics. I was pleased to find fabric that looked like my lawn in the spring, full of wood violets. Of course, it needed a touch of purple.
I don't have the binding sewn down yet, but the quilting is finished. This was my first attempt at echo quilting, and I was pleased with the way it turned out.
So this one moves to the hand sewing pile and I now need to baste another one.
Thanks for the Lovely Comments
Thank you to everyone who commented on the stoles last week. The General Council did give us a nice write up on their web site. I believe that there will also be a mention in the United Church Observer.