Monday, December 22, 2014

Knitting, and knitting

I just realized that I haven't blogged in quite a while. It got me wondering what I had been doing.

I checked my camera, and discovered I had been very busy.

We went to see Santa. Here we are waiting our turn to see the Big Guy.

We put up the Christmas tree. I was going to post a picture, but I still haven't quite finished. The boxes haven't made it to the basement yet!

We had one of our former foster cats over for a visit. Russell spent some time with us 7 years ago, and is now living with friends, who bonded with him during his stay with us.

Here is Russell when he was our foster.





Here he is, meeting Doug.

Not a great picture, but he is much bigger now.




I have also been knitting. My Advent Scarf keeps getting longer. I am now on Day 22 and since this is Dec. 22, I am now on track to finish it.

It is still rolling a lot and will need serious blocking.
A closeup of the centre lace.
I am nearly out of yarn, so I am hoping a calculated this correctly.
If I knit faster, can I finish before the ball runs out?








3 comments:

  1. Of course you can! Works for me......
    Russell is a beautiful cat, isn't he? He would make a good mate for our Bianca, who is pure white.
    I hope the dogs behaved for Santa Paws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,you are like the lady whose car used up so much more petrol, and when the mechanic took her for a test run, asked why she pulled that knob out?? Well, I hang my handbag on it!! It was the choke, guess this was in older models!!! Knit faster, and I am so positive your yarn will last the distance .Russell, he is a beauty, and with Doug, what a wonderful photo. Christmas Greetings to you, Kate, and yours, may the season be as joyous as we all hope for. Hugs, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace is lovely. Great colour! But where`s the Santa picture????

    ReplyDelete