Saturday, February 27, 2021

I May Have A Problem

 About 15 years ago, we started to foster cats. To date, we have fostered 187 cats in need of a quiet place to stay and get ready to find a forever home. Shortly after that, I started getting gifts of cat fabric. I may have also added a few pieces myself. 

I decided to take inventory today.




I found 17 cat fabric in pieces 1/2 metre or more.

Then, I found another piece.


That doesn't count the scraps and fat quarters. There is lots of variety, too.  I may have a problem. Or maybe, I just have a carefully curated collection of feline fabric art.

I did use some this week.


The Lyndhurst Feral Cat Project is having another fundraiser soon. so I made a set of small pouches. Then, I started looking for something to use for another bag, and was surprised at how much fabric I had. I do have to match the size of the print to the bag. Many of those prints are quite large. You will have to check my next blog to see what I chose.

Meanwhile, the dining room conservatory continues to delight. Today, we saw the first of the amaryllis blooms.


 Two stalks have started to open.



There are three more still to come. As you can see the azalea is still blooming. The hibiscus puts on two or three flowers every week. And, I got a surprise in my groceries, this week.



There were purple carnations at the checkout and the household shopper knew I would delight in them. After nearly a year, stuck at home, little surprises can really cheer one up. 

This week, we also welcomed a new foster cat.



This is Maggie and she is staying with us while she recovers from surgery. 


6 comments:

  1. Hello, Maggie - welcome to the blog! Such pretty carnations; I remember being given some in the reverse colour, purple frilly edges on white flowers. That's quite a fun collection of feline fabric art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat fabrics are so lovely, looking forward to seeing what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how collections grow, now what are you going to create with those cat fabrics? Hope the kitty feels much better and recover super quick. Your conservatory plants are definitely enjoying their winter, knowing just how cold it gets and how long it stays cold. For your plants to grow that well, it is a green thumb you have for sure. A bunch of flowers is the best way to make us happy.Enjoy them, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bags! So pretty...and useful! Lyndhurst Feral Cat Project is very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you foster cats. :-) Do you follow Beth Stern on Instagram? She's amazing. I also love your conservatory. We brought in two crotons, (new to do), took two cuttings of my mandevilla vine (third year for that) and dug up a fairly large elephant ear plant. All are doing very well! The greenery and hope and longing to put them once again outside in the garden has been a blessing through the winter. I love your little pouches you made and whoa that's an impressive selection of cat fabric, for an impressive cat carer. Thanks for linking up with DrEAMi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if this will shock you. In Singapore most of us live in public housing - HDB flats. Cats aren't allowed. I don't know what is the penalty. It doesn't deter HDB owners from keeping cats tho'. Some do hoping to get away with it. My neighbour got a cat a few years ago. Of course I won't report them. The cat comes out to the common area for fresh air around twice a day. I have to keep my door closed otherwise it will enter my home and my neighbour has to come into my home to catch it.

    ReplyDelete