I discovered Project Quilt last year. The idea is that a challenge is posted on a Sunday and you must have a completed quilt on the theme by the following Sunday. The rules are pretty loose as to what constitutes a "quilt". The rules for this weeks challenge are here:
This week, with the theme of Crazy Patch, I decided to enter.
Tada! I have a completed "quilt". It is 10ish inches by 7ish inches and I call it "Canajan, Eh". The fabric is left over from a quilt I made for Canada 150, and from the apron I made for my son. The binding is left over from something else. It will look lovely under my mug in my sewing room.
I have done machine crazy patch before. This is my camera case.
It has two problems. I didn't have enough coordinating scraps for the red, black, and red fabric. and I forgot that you need to trim after each seam.
Yesterday morning, I tossed the whole thing and started over, with a bag of much more coordinated scraps.
Within an hour, I had this.
I made a practice sandwich to test out the embroidery stitches. From there is was a quick job to finish the piece. I stitched the back side of the binding, this morning, and it is complete.
And this, of course, is the back. I covered all my stitches with a piece of silly fabric. Looks much tidier.