Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Antependium

 An antependium (in case you didn't know) is a hanging for the front of an alter, pulpit, or lectern. In the church where I spent my youth, it was know as a "Pulpit fall". I suspect antependium was considered too high church for us.

Anyway, I recently received a request for an antependium to be used for Pride. I needed something quick, and fortunately, Sandra, from Musings of a Menopausal Melon, had a cushion on her blog, complete with a link to the tutorial.

It was about the correct size, so I was off to my stash. I had all the fabric that I needed, except for a soft pink. Apparently when you are the mother of boys and the grandmother of a little boys, soft pink isn't in your palette. A friend helped me out, since I just needed the tiniest scrap.

Two days later, TaDa!


It has a sleeve at the top, with velcro on the back, to attach it to the pulpit, or hang it from a dowel.

It is now off to church!

2 comments:

  1. Well done - just the very thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine great job you will inspire many people with your “Pulpit Fall”. Glad to see you are keeping busy.Well Hyde Park made the world news for all the wrong reasons. That incident took place at our corner.

    ReplyDelete