Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Suddenly August

 I'm not sure what happened to July, but it whizzed by without my doing much in the way of sewing. I did seem to do  a bunch of knitting and reading, but not much blog worthy.


Our latest foster cat has come and gone. His name is Carleton and he went off to his new family, last Tuesday. He did think that all parcel deliveries should be for him.

The potted garden is coming nicely.




It seems to be the year of coleus. They are really brightening the pots. On the other hand, the gladiolas fell over in the rain the other day.



The front door pots are also thriving. I love the fuschia pink in this coleus. It is so bright.


A chipmunk keeps digging in this pot and nothing seems to deter him. However, the plant isn't too unhappy.

I started a new shawl, using some gorgeous yarn I bought from a dyer in Edmonton.  The pattern is Birds of a Feather, by Andrea Mowry. I used the needle the pattern asked for, and I felt the resulting fabric was too loose.


The edges seem to have big loose loops.

So, I started agin, using a smaller needle.


I think the stitches look much neater using this size needle.

Now, I think I will spend some time putting things away in my sewing room so I can make my little guy some shorts before summer is over.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty garden you have! Carleton is quite a handsome guy, and he is right - all parcels are for cats. Changing the needle size was a good decision, I'm with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautify and bountiful pots and plants. So filled with colours and all the green, with the sun shining. Your shawl is looking amazing, glad kitty has moved to his forever home. Each foster finding a home and a family is so important. You do a fantastic job fostering all these fur babies and sending them off into the world!

    ReplyDelete