Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Still More Masks!

 I was checking today, and I have made over 60 masks since August. Since there is still a need, I am making more. This week, my best boy seemed to be missing some of his, and cold weather means that the masks get wet, quickly.


I made 5 over the weekend, and finished 5 more today.


These still need their elastic. Next up, we will need Christmas ones! I just looked in my Christmas bin, and I think I have lots of potential fabric.

I was running out of filter medium and elastic, so I ordered more. And , since the shipping is flat rate, I added a bit of fabric.


Hopefully, I can make more fun things than masks.

My hands wanted some nice restful lace, so I cast on a cowl.


It is the Joy Cowl, by Cally Monster, part of a set of cowls called Glad Tidings. 

I learned a trick, some time ago, and it really helps when you knit lace. I place markers at the beginning of each repeat.


This means that you don't need to redo more than one repeat, if you miscount. In this case, no more than 20 stitches.

Besides masks, I hope to start on some other Christmas sewing this week. I have some gifts that I hope to finish on time.




3 comments:

  1. Love the cowl, fine and delicate and will drape so easily, with warmth right there. Masks, interesting, when Hugh had a Day Theatre appointment last week, there was a box with the bought ones, blue outside, white inner, and we were asked to wear one of those instead of a fabric one? Guess as it is disposable, and although I always wash my own cotton one, that has a filter in the inside slot, they were being extra careful. Yours are always so cheerful, and the fabrics chosen for those who will wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty cowl. Yes - Christmas sewing will be more fun than making more masks, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl is going to be beautiful! (I checked the pattern out to see the finished product). Like you, when I knit lace, I place markers at every pattern repeat; sometimes I even do this with socks if the pattern is tricky. Saves a lot of time, energy and stress!

    I admire your ability to make masks. I made a few early on, but find them terribly fiddly (I also seem to be unable to make project bags or stuffed toys -- knit or sewn). Each one took me close to 2 hours to do -- and they're from early patterns which aren't as sophisticated and well-fitting as those are now. So kudos to you for filling that need!

    ReplyDelete