Sunday, September 10, 2023

A Month of Contractors

 For the past three summers, we have avoided having contractors to the house. In addition, contractors were hard to get. So this spring, we decided it was time to get a couple of projects finished. You can try to schedule contactors but they still come when they come. Wet weather delayed some of the work. That said, we ended up with three contactors, all arriving in the same couple of weeks. 

Last year, we had to get the foundation fixed and the subsidence from that needed to be fixed. It looked like this before the landscaper.


Now it looks like this.


Last week, the temperatures decided to remind us that it is still summer (even if we aren't suppose to wear white shoes.) Temperatures were in the mid 30C range and the humidity was awful. My sewing room was like an oven, so I sewed from about 7:15 to 8:30 in the morning. I did manage to finish the shorts I was making my little guy for back to school.


I suspect they will not be needed for daywear in a couple more weeks, but they can become pajama pants next.

I joined a Fall Finish Along, and have been trying to do a few rows of a shawl I've been working on for 2 years now. However, I got caught by a shiny new thing.


It will become a toe up slipper sock if all goes well. I also have another sock on needles. Wonder if I can get all three done before the end of the month?

Meanwhile, I didn't play with my August Thread Lab from Aurifil, and now September has arrived.


The green spools are 40 wt. and the grey spools are 24 wt. The project for this month is applique and I don't know if I have suitable fabric for the projects. So, I might try something else. I have two purses promised so I need to get to those.

As summer continues a bit longer, I will add a flower picture from my patio to the bottom of this post.






3 comments:

  1. Same here - contractors (knows as tradesmen, or 'tradies') have been hard to come by for some time now. We have to take what we can get, when we can get it. Your threads look interesting! I was surprised to see hibiscus growing in Toronto, I always thought they were a tropical flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been good to get that garden job done - looking very smart again. Great shorts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contractor(s) did a lovely job on that paving. Hopefully it won't shift again for a long time! It's cooling off here, but we're still having afternoons above 20 C...and no frosty mornings (yet)...

    ReplyDelete