Monday, June 17, 2024

Still Chugging Away

 I had some fun the other day, with yarn I plan to use for a summer knit along. 


These are all pictures of the same two skeins, photographed under different lights. The top left is with indirect light from an east window in the middle of the morning. Top right is the same location but with a piece of blue tissue under the skeins. The bottom left is a south east window, with skylights and a white table.  The bottom right is in full direct sun, None of them look like the colours I see. 

I started my June socks, and got the first sock finished. I decided since it was summer, that I should make short leg socks, with a cotton, rayon and nylon blend. The lighting is not great, but the sock is cute.


It is kind of an adult version of my usual baby sock.

I was also asked to make a Princess Charlotte Bonnet. I've lost track of how many of these I have made. They are cute and not hard to make. This was my progress over the weekend.


The pink tubing will help with all the stiches that need to be picked up.

The waxed canvas Celosia bag is nearing completion. I am at the hardest part, putting the whole thing together. Today, I got the lining sewn to the gusset pieces.


It looks rather strange, since the bag is completely inside out at this stage. The exterior is next, then all that is left are the straps.

Look what Costco brought, with my order of coffee and oat milk. Hi, Emme!


 

The weather has turned hot again. I made most of supper, early this morning, before it got too hot. Just a bit of assembly left. 


4 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see how your yarn knits up! What is it with cats and boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn looks lovely whichever way and will be interesting to see it grow into something. Cute sock, bonnet and cat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how the lighting affects colours? Very pretty yarn, though, no matter the light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emme found the perfect toy, a box! Funny how cats and kids get so much more enjoyment out of a box than the toy that arrives in said box. Purple is a very difficult colour to photograph. The socks will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete