Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Quilts of Christmas Past

Heather, at Books and Quilts, invited me to attend her Virtual Christmas Party.

So I poured myself a cup of coffee.

Of course, there is a cat on my mug!

I put on a party manicure.

It looks a bit better on my left hand, since I am right handed.

I decided to show you some Christmas Quilts I have made. I realize that I haven't actually show these on the blog before.

Under Cupcake is the Glad Tidings Nativity Quilt, by Nancy Halvorsen, of Art to Heart. One of my first quilted creations, you don't need to see any more of it!

This is "Road to Bethlehem" by Dilys Fronks. The pattern was in a Quiltmaker magazine, and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to do it.

Of course, my home needs this one. It is called Waiting for Santa, and is also by Dilys Fronks.

I have the materials to make a third one of these, but I haven't managed to get it together, yet.

Because this comes from my house, to yours, you need to see my tree.

The tree is decorated with plastic balls and stuffed toys, because this is what happens. See the feet at the bottom. This isn't this year's cats, they haven't been caught yet.

Hope you enjoyed my bit of Christmas. From all of us at Arts and Socks, Merry Christmas.


Thanks for hosting, Heather. Cheryl, pass the cookies!





7 comments:

  1. So much fun at your house, from the cat on the mug to the cat (almost) in the tree! And what a great photo of Doug and Dolly with Santa!! Doug's getting so big! Of course, I love the quilts and the manicure, too. Merry Christmas, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely taste of Christmas at your house.....Merry Christmas to you, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for attending my online Christmas party. I enjoyed seeing your lovely quilts, particularly the ``Road to Bethlehem``. I didn`t even notice the cat paws until you mentioned it and then it gave me a good laugh. The furry friends must make it interesting each time you enter that room. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts! I bet the cats have a blast in your tree. ;)

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Beautiful quilts. My cat used to do the same thing.
    Run up the tree and knock all the ornaments off.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Kate! Love the Christmas-themed quilting...and am delighted to see that, like my Miss Pookie, your Studio Assistant knows exactly how to pose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cat and dog silhouette!

    ReplyDelete