Friday, April 22, 2016

Another Trip Around the Block

My friend Zeinab asked if I would block a shawl for her. I met Zeinab 3 years ago, when I was asked to teach a group of mothers and daughters, who wanted to learn knitting. Zeinab had knit as a child, but hadn't for a long time and now wanted to learn some new things. Three years later, the group is usually only the adults, though the daughters know they are still welcome, and the adults have become good friends.

It has leaves around the edge. and perfect picture for Earth Day. As you can see, it is about 6 ft. wide. Lovely, soft and cozy.

I was playing in my fabric, yesterday.
This is a wine carrier. I used a turorial found here. It is a birthday gift for someone who doesn't usually read the blog.


3 comments:

  1. Super, absolutely stunning wine carrier, and tutorial, the handles, what a neat way to sew them, I can see this for shorter wider bags for carry alls, maybe even a little kitten carrier!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice backdrop for your wine carrier! Your Singer looks to be in very good shape. Zeinab's shawl is very pretty, and how can you go wrong with cat fabric for a wine bottle carrier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeinab's shawl looks lovely, she is very lucky to have you help her block her shawl. The kitty fabric looks like a great conversation piece!

    ReplyDelete