Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Scraps

I again did the Project Quilt Mystery Quilt along at Persimon Dreams . 

I took longer than the time she suggested, but not as long as last year. This year I finished in the first week of January, instead of the second week of February.

Here is my top.


I am currently auditioning the grey border, and I think the answer is yes. It makes it look like the flower is floating in the grey background. The great thing about scrappy projects like this is I used fabrics with bats, spider webs, butterflies and flowers and it all came together.  Now to get it quilted and bound.

I am also taking part in the Just Get It Done Quilts Declutter Challenge. I missed yesterday (because I was otherwise occupied (grandparenting) so I started this morning. I have one corner of my sewing room that has stubbornly resisted my attempts to get it back. I am determined to succeed this time. I spent 15 minutes sorting stuff into garbage, recycling and what are you doing here. I suspect that I will have it cleared up fairly quickly. 


This sticker came in an online order from last week. It is now on my tablet stand in my sewing room, and I can remind myself to just decide on what to do with my stuff, not regret how the mess got there.


This is the order. I took a risk and ordered a mystery box of zipper tape and pulls from Zipper Valley.

 Look at all the gorgeous colours of tape and coils. There is also a large selection of zipper pulls, including a Baby Yoda pull. They still have some of the bright boxes like this one left. I don't think I will need to buy zippers any time soon. However, I feel as though my next project needs to be a zippered bag.


4 comments:

  1. I like your fun quilt! What an interesting idea - a box of bright zipper tape and pulls, you will have fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo, I must get the Baby Yoda zip pull. My daughter says she will die for Baby Yoda. She already has the stuffed Baby Yoda. She loves it more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt top. Those zippers look funky, cannot wait to see what you create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mystery box looks like a great investment. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete