Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Boronia Bag - Work in Progress

 My new bag is progressing, slowly.


The label kind of sums it up. First the thread didn't match. After the thread arrived, I realized that the amount of strapping that I had ordered was the bare minimum and no mistakes could be made in cutting. Of course, mistakes were made. Fabric has been sewn wrong way up. 

However, stitch rippers fix many errors. More straps can be ordered. And progress is being made.


The outside of the bag has been finished. The cork fabric is a wine colour, though the picture doesn't show it. As you can see, it is a big bag. I even added a nice shiny "HANDMADE" metal label to the outside.


Slip pockets for one side of the bag.


A zippered pocket is on the other side of the lining.

Next up will be gussets and  an exterior zipper.

Meanwhile, I am progressing nicely on my latest socks.


The yarn colour is called "The Boy Who Lived". My grandson tells me all the cool kids wear mismatched socks, so I guess I'm cool.

More Amaryllis pictures have been taken.


I need to wade through the snow and cut some forsythia to get it to flower inside.



6 comments:

  1. Cork fabric was the brand new ant's pants product when we were last in Canada.....you could even get sparkly foil cork fabric, but I haven't yet tried it. Love those socks! My choir in the Big Smoke used to sing a very old song 'Adieu, sweet Amaryllis' - of course, Amaryllis in the song was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to envisage the bag but can't so will just have to be patient lol. Great socks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the label for the bag! Beautiful bag and socks, happy socks when they are not matched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is going to be lovely, but reading your experience is also comforting -- and explains why I don't make bags! LOL!

    Like the socks -- sort of 'Gryffindor' (sp?) colours, if I recall what little of the Harry Potter series I've read (I made a pair of socks and a scarf for my daughter in those colours some years ago). And yes, mismatched socks are 'cool'. I rarely make mine to match (I don't care if they do) but I confess I also don't intentionally mis-match them. I just let the yarn do what it wants to do! And your amaryllis is simply beautiful. My over-wintering geraniums are blooming in my sunny south-facing back window...aren't we all longing for spring?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The day before yesterday... Canada... Snow - I think it fits together... and send you a spring greeting. But I have to tell you, this winter I waited in vain for snow, I couldn't put my skis on the terrace and walk from there into the forest... hope for next winter :-))) and now I'll take spring :- ))) I have already bought the first pansies for my bed :-)))
    The socks you knit are great, your choice of colors is wonderful... so beautiful... and the bag, I already love it :-) have fun sewing... I'm looking forward to your progress.
    Hug Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag is coming along great! Are you using Bosal in it?

    ReplyDelete