Wednesday, March 2, 2022

I Made Something!

 My bag progress was slowed down when I realized that I didn't have the right colour of thread to top stitch the cork fabric. It is now in the mail between Nova Scotia and here. With luck it will arrive tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Spencer Ogg released a new quick pattern, called the Effortless Twin Pouch. You can find the tutorial on her YouTube channel. I decided to try making it and gathered up supplies from my stash. In under two hours, I had it finished. No shopping necessary. I even had the correct thread.


The fabric is from the Tula Pink Curiouser line. Since the bag fabric is from that line too, it will make a cute little purse accessory.


Since I don't wear a lot of makeup, I loaded the bag with bottles of nail polish to add some weight. I lined it with PUL fabric that I had in my stash.


To compensate for not being able to iron a crease in the PUL fabric, I used 3 bar tacks on the fold to form the crease and make the two pockets. Even the PUL and the zipper matched. Sometimes, I just get it right.

Meanwhile, during March's lion-like snow storm entry, yesterday, my dining room produced even more flowers.


The "Christmas" cactus and the large begonia behind the amaryllis are both in bloom, as well.

Today, I'll work on the lining of my cork bag. Then, when the thread arrives, I'll be nearly finished.





5 comments:

  1. What an interesting bag......and your fabric suits it so well! Pretty flowers - nice to see them still flowering in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute purse - does it come in different sizes? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bag! Looking forward to seeing your cork creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag, and your zipper and fabrics are so coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new little bag turned out great... I like the fabric a lot.
    Yes, it's fun to sew bags... although I'm trying to make a pair of pants for myself right now :-))) if it works, it'll be in the blog. Many greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete