Friday, December 23, 2022

The Weather Outside is Frightful

 We are getting rain, snow, ice, freezing rain, wind, just about every form of winter weather. This is extending over a large part of North America. It is a perfect day to stay home and knit!

Bear, my favourite fashion model, has been feeling neglected lately, so I got him to model for me today.


He is ready for whatever the day brings. Of course, teddy bears don't really have necks, so he is wearing the neck warmer as a sweater.

The hat is finished.



The pattern is called Bankhead, and it can be found here. I modified it with a k2p2 rib to match the neckwarmer. The yarn is Brave Stripes by Knit Picks and I made the set with less than 200 gm.

I actually got to do some selfish sewing yesterday (why do we think it is selfish if we make something for ourselves?)

I got a new phone, and it was a tight fit in my current clutch, so I saw a new pattern and thought it was just the right thing.


The bag is called Findlay Phone Wallet by Hold It Right There Designs. I added a crossbody strap since I like my hands free. Just beside Bear's head, you can see that I inserted some of the lining fabric into the strap. The flap is cork fabric from a sample pack I bought from MM Cork.

The bag has card slots in the front phone pocket.


It also has a zippered body, to keep my mask, keys, etc.


The fabric is "Not Ameowsed" by Dear Stella. Do you think anyone will notice that my bag is Christmas fabric, in April?

Two finishes on the same day!


8 comments:

  1. Maybe but who cares? It's a lovely shade of green for spring and summer. And according to Dickens, we're supposed to keep Christmas all year long.

    It's not really selfish sewing, think of it as making a practice piece before deciding to make one as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear is a superb model, love the set, and the phone bag a winner, straps are a very good idea, and for yourself, perfect at any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a useful sized bag.....and no, the Christmas fabric doesn't mater at all, it's very cheerful! The yarn is really nice and Bear seems to be enjoying modelling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new bag is a necessity so not selfish sewing at all! Stay out of that frightful weather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bear is a very dapper model! :-) And 'Bankhead' is one of my favourite hat patterns, too. I've made at least 3 and will make more. Great idea to match the ribbing to the neck warmer!

    I admire your ability to make fiddly things like that pouch. It's very cute -- and useful too. And no, not selfish. It would be so only if you never made anything for anyone *but* yourself. Hugs and Merry Christmas -- safe and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Staying warm and safe indoors is the best thing to do. Bear is a great model and some time we have to do for ourselves a bit too. The new bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet teddy, nice mobile phone case... many greetings to you.
    I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, two finishes on one day is pretty darn good! Hope you got through that storm okay. We lost power for 8 hours and it got pretty cold in here: 14! A few huge trees fells in the loop next to us where we walk the dogs but no house damage. We didn't get a lot of snow and what did fall the wind blew into huge drifts up against houses and fences and trees. It's all gone now as the temps have been 5-10 for a week now, and pouring rain today. I do like the colour of your tuque set, and one of these days I want to sew with cork.

    ReplyDelete