Friday, January 20, 2023

Project Quilting - Pink Tint

 Project Quilting's Challenge 2 was to make something quilted, in Pink. 

If you have been here awhile, you might have realized that I don't really do pastels. However, I had a few scraps in my scrap box, so I figured I would try to make something. 

I cute my scraps into strips, 1 1/2 to 3 inches wide. I cut a couple of batting scraps inot pieces about 12 x 15". I looked through my zipper stash and found a pink zipper. I looked in my fat quarter drawer and found a fat quarte in pink. After some sewing, some trimming, some more sewing, more trimming and some final sewing, I ended up with this.


This is my new knitting project bag. I needed one to holds a large shawl. Most of my bags are the size that holds socks. 


This is the back.

I remembered to add my label, before I attached the lining.


I have had these labels for awhile, but I keep forgetting to add them near the beginning of the process.

It is based on Noodlehead's Open Wide bag. I have made lots of them, though not usually quilted. The quilting was stitch and flip style. Nothing too complicated.


The pink lining is truly not my style, so I must have won it on a shop hop or something. Because scraps yield more scraps, I have a bag of leftover pink scraps to use up now.



These are some earlier versions of my Open Wide bags. They are great for holding knitting, and I think these were gifts to my Knit Night friends.

If you want to see more pink projects check out the link at the top of this post.



10 comments:

  1. I love your bag. You are the best bag lady I know!!😄😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your hint of pink! There's not much pink in my stash either....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Large project zipper pouches always come in handy. Great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice use of your pink scraps - that pattern is a good one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That label is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue bag in the bottom picture is very busy being useful over at my house. These are great bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the open wide pouch design - yours is pretty in the patchwork design you used. Love your label, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pink tint project and yay for a squirrel that yields a useable item! I am aiming for that with all my PQ projects this year. I love her open wide pouch, and like you, have made....tons. ;-)

    ReplyDelete