Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Celosia Cross Body Bag

 Awhile ago, I was asked to make a bag for a young man. The bag he was currently using was worn out. He sent me pictures and measurements of his current bag, and after a bunch of thought and planning, I decided to try this pattern. To make sure it met his requirements and because I have lots of bag making stuff, I made a trial, so he could assess whether this would make his needs.

For my trial bag, I was inspired by finding a fabric and zipper that went together perfectly.




From that, I eventually got to this.




Not bad, considering it all came from my stash (except the strap).

It was quickly apparent that the Caticorns wouldn't work on the gusset or the body of the front of the bag. So further stash diving turned up the polka dots.




I almost forgot to add my label, but remembered just before the final assembly. I think it is up a bit high.




The front pocket is large enough to hold a large phone.


It will also fit in the slip pocket inside the pocket.


There are 6 card pockets.


And the cards actually fit.

The gusset is quite wide.


The inside of the bag is quite bright. Obviously we haven't had enough sun.



I dropped my Roxy wallet in, and there is still plenty of room.


It's a 7 1/2" clasp and it looks lost inside this bag. 

If this satisfies my young friend for size and shape, the next one will be a boring navy waxed canvas. 

Pattern is Celosia Cross Body Bag by Blue Calla

Fabric is from my stash (assorted sources) 

Strap is from Blue Calla

Hardware is from Emmaline Bags

Zipper is from Zipper Valley


5 comments:

  1. Well that was a brilliant trial run, looks very practical. I like the bright inside - easier to see stuff at the bottom! Hope he likes the style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the bag! I admire your skill with such fiddly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic bag and all those colours are just what we need after all the grey skies and cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great... your bag turned out wonderful.
    I love the cheerful colors...stitched great. Congratulations.
    Happy Easter Sunday greetings come to you from Viola.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete