Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DaGMT - Days 10, 11, and 12.

I seem to have lost some of my momentum. Sunday, I sewed some more leaves on my applique block. Those silly little leaves take about 15 to 20 minutes each (longer if I am having a hard time threading my needle.)
Yesterday, I got a request from one of my dear ones to make a pair of fingerless gloves for her friend. Since this person is special to me, and the gloves are for someone special to her, I felt I should get right on it.
I was asked for some in pink and white, and I had some yarn I really like, so I started to knit with it.
As I worked at it, I started to think that it might not be quite what she had in mind.
It looks kind of orange in the picture, but it is really a sort of peachy pink. I sent a picture and was told no, that wasn't what she had in mind.
On to Plan B. She asked for some yarn that I had a couple of years ago, but there isn't enough left in my stash for this project. I had something similar that I hoped would work. My pattern is for fingering yarn and the new yarn is a double knitting, so I am winging it.
I sent this picture off, and it was accepted as what was envisioned.
Today, I celebrated pancake day with my quilting friends, and spent the morning knitting instead of sewing. I did do some marking for some quilting I hope to get to tomorrow.
If I total my time spent so far on DaGMT, and average it, I am well over 30 minutes a day, but I am a bit under for the last two days.


6 comments:

  1. I like the first pair, lovely shades, but the others will be accepted with much happiness. Greetings from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice start to gloves. What we do for our children! How are you marking your quilt? I will have to go back and read what you DaGMT is all about ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been known to make bags for my daughter's friends - yes plural. It's hard to say no to one's child. Those gloves look very nice - both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, these are not for a child's friend but instead a parent's friend.

      Delete
  4. How nice of you to knit these mitts - will you finish the first pair (perhaps to get a jump start on Christmas)?

    ReplyDelete