My major project for the weekend took longer then I expected. It might have something to do with the liberal use of my stitch ripper, since I kept sewing sections together backwards. You know, you put two pieces together, put them under the presser foot and sew, open it up and discover you have sewn down the wrong side of the block, so now you have the opposite of what you wanted. I sewed one block together completely, and had somebody else come to look, and immediately pointed out that the four patch in the centre was turned 90 degrees to the rest of the block. That required that I take nearly the whole block apart to fix. At least it was found before the whole thing was sewn together. Thanks, Joanne!
On to some pictures. I am saving the pictures of my major project until I have it finished, but here are some others.
I started the weekend by making another knitting project bag.
I challenged myself to make my pieced project entirely from my stash, so I used the monochrome feature on my camera to sort the fabric into lights and darks.
Four of these fabrics made the final cut.
Around the room there was a lot of other activity.
There were lots of other projects happening, but I didn't manage to get a picture, no doubt because I was too busy ripping.